Thursday 14 July 2011

I'll take two of everything....

Had a very nice stay on the shores of Lake Ontario at Darlington Provincial Park.  Our ride for the day, Dave and Louise, were coming up from the southern shore, but still made it to the campground early.  After loading up the canoe, I (Jeff) was in the safety car following the canoe.  After stopping for gas nearby, they made a turn which was blocked from my view by a cement truck, and yes, we got separated.  Not a biggie though as we were heading to Barrie and the KOA there anyway.  I stopped for a few supplies and continued along some backroads. 
In the other vehicle (the one with the canoe!), Frank, Dave, Louise, and Anna-Sophia stopped for lunch at a Thai restaurant (after ditching me!).  After lunch, they continued on backroads to Barrie.
Met the other guys at the entrance to the campground.  I pulled in 4 minutes after they did, despite being separated and traveling different routes!
Went for a nice swim in the afternoon.  We decided to run into Barrie for dinner as it was only 5 minutes down the 400.  Nice meal, then went back to the campground for some marshmallows, then some fun card games, which Frank and I taught to Dave, Louise, and Anna.  Anna won both times....beginner's luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment